National Higher Education Fund (PTPTN)
National Higher Education Fund: Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN)
Loan eligibility requirements
To receive this loan, students must:
- Be a Malaysian citizen, pursuing full time undergraduate programme in UNMC.
- Not receiving any financial assistance from other bodies.
- Subjected to the ‘mean test’ – evaluation of family financial status.
- Students may choose either to credit into their personal Affin account or to the university’s account as part of tuition fee.
- Payments are made twice per academic year.
- The first payment is released only after PTPTN receives the completed set of agreement.
- Subsequent payments are based on the disbursement payment schedule every semester upon confirmation of passing mark 40% and above.
- There will be insurance deduction for every disbursement of loan.
Loan amount per year
|Parents’ income per month (RM)||Science/Engineering||Arts/Social Science |
|Parent listed to receive BR1M
- Science stream student ( Science and Engineering courses) – 20 years
- Arts stream student (Arts and Social Science courses) – 15 years
Repayments will commence six months after completion of studies or after securing a job, whichever is earlier.
Online Application: How To Apply (* compulsory)
- Open a personal saving’s account at * Affin Bank.
- Open *Skim Simpanan Pendidikan Nasional (SSPN) account (minimum saving of RM 20).
- Buy pin no at * Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) @ RM 5.00
- Log into www.ptptn.gov.my and apply online.
Briefing sessions will be arranged, kindly contact us for more information.
Documents To Prepare
- Print out of ‘Butiran Peribadi’ from PTPTN website.
- Copy of undergraduate programme offer letter.
The above documents need to be prepared after the loan approval is obtained.
University and course codes
The University's Code – BJ7
Faculty of Arts & Social Science course code
|Course name|| Code|
|BA (Hons) Business, Economics & Finance
|BA (Hons) Finance, Accounting & Management
|BA (Hons) Business, Economics & Management
|BA (Hons) International Business Management
|BA (Hons) Management Studies
|BA (Hons) Management Studies with Korean
|BA (Hons) Management Studies with Japanese
|BA (Hons) Management Studies with German
|BA (Hons) Management Studies with Spanish
|BA (Hons) Management Studies with French
|BA (Hons) Management Studies with Mandarin
|BA (Hons) International Relations
|BA (Hons) International with Japanese
|BA (Hons) International with French
|BA (Hons) International Relations with Spanish
|BA (Hons) International Relations with Mandarin
|BA (Hons) International Relations with German
|BA (Hons) International Relations with Korean
|BA (Hons) International Communications Studies
|BA (Hons) International Communication Studies with Film and Television Studies
|BA (Hons) International Communication Studies with English Language and Literature
|Bachelor of Arts with Honours in English with Creative Writing
|BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology & Management Studies
|BSc (Hons) Economics
|BA (Hons) Education TESOL/Special Education Needs
|BEd (Hons) TESOL/Special Education Needs
|BA with Joint Honours Politics and Economics
|BA (Hons) in International Development
|BA (Hons) in Asian and International Studies
|BSc (Hons) in Banking and Finance
|BSc (Hons) in Banking and Finance with Islamic Banking
|Bachelor of Arts with Honours in English Language and Literature
Faculty of Engineering course codes
|Course name|| Code|
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Chemical Engineering
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Chemical Engineering with Environmental Engineering
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Civil Engineering
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Mechanical Engineering
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Mechatronic Engineering
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Electronic Engineering
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Electronic & Computer Engineering
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Electronic & Communications Engineering
Faculty of Science course codes
|Course name ||Code|
|BSc (Hons) Computer Science
|BSc (Hons) Computer Science & Management Studies
|BSc (Hons) Computing & Information Systems
|BSc (Hons) Plant Biotechnology
|BSc (Hons) Biotechnology
|BSc (Hons) Nutrition
|BSc (Hons) Pharmaceutical & Health Sciences
|MPharm (Hons) Master of Pharmacy
|BSc (Hons) Psychology
|BSc (Hons) Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience
|Bsc (Hons) Biomedical Science
|BSc (Hons) Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence
|BSc (Hons) Software Engineering
|BSc (Hons) Enviromental Science
Application submission date to PTPTN
- Semester 1 : 30 Ogos & 30 September 2016
- Semester 2 : 30 January & 28 February 2017
All applications are subject to PTPTN policy and procedures at the time.