First Nottingham tri-campus international banking and finance conference
The University of Nottingham proudly announces its first tri-campus international conference on banking and finance.
This high-profile event will bring faculty members and research students from Nottingham's campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia together on 31 August - 2 September 2017 at the Ningbo Marriott Hotel, China.
This event is organised under the auspices of International Finance and Banking Society (IFABS) Asia Chapter, in collaboration with University of Nottingham Ningbo and New York University (NYU) Shanghai. The conference received great support from Tsinghua University, the Chinese government, industry and prominent universities in China.
Financial innovation, stability and sustainable growth
- The conference is expected to attract around 400 international presenters and an audience from academia, industry and central banks.
- Among the highlights is a keynote presentation (video-recorded) by Robert F. Engle, Nobel Laureate in Economic Sciences, and an opportunity for submissions to a Special Issue in the Journal of Banking and Finance.
- The purpose of this conference is to bring together top finance researchers around the world to exchange new ideas about investigating the impact of financial innovations on the traditional financial sector, which demands new models and empirical findings in asset pricing, corporate finance, portfolio strategies, risk management, and policy effects.
- Details on paper submission and registration for the conference.
Special Issue in the Journal of Banking and Finance
- Papers accepted for presentation at the conference and directly related to the theme of 'Financial Innovation, Stability and Sustainable Growth' may be submitted for publication in a Special Issue of the Journal of Banking and Finance (JBF).
- Papers submitted to the Special Issue should be submitted through the JBF website between 15 September and 15 October 2017.
- The journal’s usual submission fee and regulations will apply. Acceptance to the conference does not guarantee publication in the JBF special issue and papers submitted to the JBF Special Issue will go through the same rigorous review process as papers submitted to regular JBF issues.
|30 June 2017
||Deadline for Paper Submission
|15 July 2017
||Notification of acceptance
|31 July 2017
||Early Registration Deadline
|31 August - 2 September 2017
|15 September - 15 October 2017
||Deadline for submission to Journal of Banking Finance special issue
We look forward to seeing you in Ningbo, China.
IFABS Asia 2017 Ningbo China Conference Executive Committee
- Meryem Duygun, University of Nottingham and President, IFABS
- Manfred Kremer, European Central Bank, Conference Chair
- Chee Kwong Lau, University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, Conference Chair
- Sergio Mayordomo, Bank of Spain, Conference Chair
- Ke Tang, Tsinghua University, Conference Chair
- Yongmin Zhang, University of Nottingham Ningbo, Conference Chair
- Xin Zhou, NYU Shanghai, Conference Chair
Founded in the UK in 2008, IFABS has over 3,500 members from over 60 countries and is one of the world's leading organisations dedicated to the promotion of research in banking and finance.
The Society is recognised for the top quality research meetings and conferences it organises throughout the world.
International Finance and Banking Society (IFABS)
Nottingham University Business School North
Nottingham NG8 1BB