Date: 23-25 October 2019
Venue: University of Nottingham Malaysia
Registration deadline: 20 September 2019
This three-day residential Advanced Management Programme (AMP) aims to equip senior executives with advanced leadership skills, and cutting-edge strategies, tools and techniques which will help them to lead with vision and confidence.
Who is right for the AMP?
- Senior executives with leadership positions, and identified as part of the company’s succession plan with significant responsibility for strategic decision-making including (but not limited to):
- Members of the executive committee
- Heads of business units
- Senior functional heads
- Senior executives of government agencies or non-profit
- High-potential managers and senior functional managers who wish to sharpen and refine their leadership style, and accelerate their transition from functional specialists to general managers and leaders of organisations.
- To expand senior executives' strategic mindsets.
- To prepare senior executives for the rigour of managing and leading companies.
- To equip senior executives with appropriate strategic leadership and change management tools so as to drive organisational performance.
- Knowledge of the latest globalisation challenges and global competitiveness.
- Broadening strategic and leadership mindset.
- Cognisance of suitable leadership styles and change management strategies to support strategy execution.
Day 0: Tuesday 22 October 2019
Introduction and Networking Session
Day 1: Wednesday 23 October 2019
Globalisation and Strategic Thinking
Day 2: Thursday 24 October 2019
Global Competitiveness through Customer Intelligence and Analytics
Day 3: Friday 25 October 2019
Innovation and Change Leadership in a Global Business Environment
Dr Avvari V. Mohan (PhD, Management of Innovation, Indian Institute of Science)
Associate Professor of Strategic Management
Mohan’s interests are in strategic management, management of innovation, and responsible business strategies (CSR). He has conducted training for national and international organisations and Government agencies, served as a Council Member of the Consumer Forum (CFM), is on editorial panels for research journals and has published in international journals and conferences. He has served as a Council Member of the Consumer Forum (CFM) under MCMC Malaysia, as Innovation Auditor for SMEs in Malaysia and also as resource person in UN-ESCAP, UNESCO etc. He is a Malaysian HRDF Certified Trainer (TTT/7163).
Ms Vanitha Ponnusamy (Masters of Human Resource Management, University of Newcastle)
Assistant Professor of Organisational Management
Vanitha is Assistant Professor of Organisational Management at Nottingham University Business School Malaysia. She has a degree in Anthropology and Sociology and a Masters in Human Resource Management. She has been teaching and training on topics related to Sociology, Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management for the past 19 years. She is also the Campus Senior Tutor who manages peer mentoring to improve students teaching and learning experiences. Currently she is pursuing her PhD in Sustainability, particularly in looking at responsible business decisions. In addition, she is also engaged in cross disciplinary research on the social dimension of human-elephant conflict. She is a Malaysian Human Resource Development Fund (HRDF) Certified Trainer (TTT/7180).
Dr Dilip S. Mutum (PhD in Marketing, University of Warwick)
Associate Professor of Marketing
Dilip S. Mutum is Associate Professor of Marketing at Nottingham University Business School Malaysia. Prior to joining NUBS in 2014, he was attached with the Coventry Business School, Coventry University, UK, as a Lecturer in Marketing and Advertising. Dilip has also worked previously as a tutor at the Warwick Business School, University of Warwick and as a lecturer with Universiti Utara Malaysia (2002-2006). He has a PhD in Marketing from the Warwick Business School, University of Warwick and is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (UK). Before deciding on an academic career, Dilip has worked with various organisations in different capacities. This includes a short stint as a Sub-editor with The South Review magazine and as the Communications Officer for the Consumers International - Asia Pacific office. Dilip is also a HRDF-Certified Trainer (TTT/15180) and has run workshops for various organisations including UEM Sunrise, Kumpulan Wang Persaraan (KWAP) and Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam (JPA). He has also advised organisations on their customer service and digital marketing strategies. Dilip's research interests include digital consumption and sustainable marketing. His research work has been published within a range of publications – both in print and online.
Our residential programme is intended to provide an excellent learning experience within an organised, relaxed atmosphere; a perfect hideaway from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- Professor Lee Chew Ging, Dean, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
The executive programme with NUBS Malaysia advocates the incorporation of innovation in all that we do.
- Comment from past participant
Find out more
If you have an enquiry about NUBS Malaysia's executive education programmes, please contact the executive edcuation team.
Registration and payment
The registration form must be fully completed and signed and must be received by Nottingham University Business School Malaysia before registration deadline together with your payment.
Payment details as follows:
The University of Nottingham in Malaysia Sdn Bhd
HSBC Bank (M) Bhd
KL Main Office
2 Lebuh Ampang
50100 Kuala Lumpur
Please send the registration form together with payment details to:
Nottingham University Business School
University of Nottingham Malaysia Jalan Broga 43500 Semenyih Selangor Malaysia
Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF) claims
- The course fees may be claimed under Skim Bantuan Latihan (SBL) of HRDF subject to terms and conditions.
- Organisations wishing to claim HRDF can submit the relevant brochure to HRDF for approval. The brochure contains the necessary information for HRDF to process.
Certificate of Completion
Upon completion of the programme you will receive a Certificate of Completion from the University of Nottingham Malaysia.