About the Department
Mechanical Engineering is a uniquely broad based profession. Mechanical Engineers apply their scientific knowledge to solve problems and design machines that help us to enjoy a better life. Not only working in areas traditionally associated with the discipline, such as power generation, automotive, aerospace and manufacturing industries, Mechanical Engineers increasingly find themselves working in interdisciplinary teams solving problems in areas such as nano-technology, electrical and electronic systems, environmental protection, bio-engineering, renewable energy and food industry.
Mechanical Engineering has a long and honorable history in the Faculty of Engineering at The University of Nottingham, UK. The department in Malaysia offers four-year MEng programme in Mechanical Engineering which undifferentiated from those delivered at our UK campus. Our Mechanical Engineering degrees provide a firm foundation in mechanical engineering and the opportunity to develop appropriate interpersonal and management skills.
"Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)" framework is an integral part to the identity and culture of the Department of Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering at the University of Nottingham Malaysia. The Department is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all members of staff and students, regardless of their background, identity, or experience. The Department's commitment to EDI includes but is not limited to:
- Create a welcoming and inclusive environment for all staff members and student body of the Department.
- Recruit and retain a diverse member of staff that reflect the diversity of the broader community.
- Provide continuous professional development opportunities for staff in order to enhance skills for the promotion of a more inclusive environment.
- Provide training for students to enhance their understanding of equality, diversity, and inclusion.
- Incorporate the equality, diversity, and inclusion framework into the programme curriculums, and all teaching and research activities.
- Promote an environment that is free of discrimination, harassment, and biasness, and that is respectful to all individuals.
- Encourage and support student activities that promote equality, diversity, and inclusion.
The Department recognises that creating an inclusive environment requires ongoing effort, and is committed to working collaboratively with all members of our community to promote a culture of respect, empathy, and understanding.
Link to our social media platforms
UNM Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering Facebook
UNM Mechanical, Materials and Manufacturing Engineering Instagram