CIMB ASEAN Scholarship 2023
CIMB Group is a leading focused ASEAN bank and one of the region's foremost corporate advisors. It is also a world leader in Islamic finance.
The Group is headquartered in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and offers consumer banking, commercial banking, invetsment banking, Islamic banking and asset management products and services. It is the fifth largest banking group by assets in ASEAN, and as at the end of December 2022, had around 33,000 staff and over 20 millions customers.
About the Scholarship
At CIMB, they are committed towards helping young talents in need to realise their dreams. They go beyond providing financial support by also providing professional development and mentor support system designed to empower the region's young talents to build a bright future and make a difference for those around them.
The CIMB ASEAN Scholarship is a highly selective, full scholarship for exceptional students from ASEAN countries in which CIMB has a presence. In recognition of the evolving nature of the banking industry, CIMB welcomes applicants from a wide variety of academic disciplines.
CIMB has previously sponsored applicants studying Computer Science, Data Science and Psychology, in additions to applicants pursuing degree traditionally associated with a career in banking such as Accounting, Economics and Finance.
The Scholarship Award
- Career mentoring
- Career experience and opprtunities
- Full scholarship coverage
- Global networking opportuities
- CIMB cultural assimilation
Eligibility Criteria and Application
General eligibility for the scholarship :
- A citizen of either Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam or the Philippines
- Aspire to pursue a career in the financial and banking industry
- Applicants who are about to start their undergraduate or Master's programme or those who have already started the course and have a minimum of one full academic year remaining
- Minimum CGPA of 3.25/4.00 score or equivalent with excellent academic track record and active in extra curricular activities
- Applicant must not be a recipient of any other scholarship that comes with contractual obligations such as a service bond
The assessment process for selection will be as follows:
- Stage 1 - all applications are screened to ensure all basic eligiblity criteria are fulfilled
- Stage 2 - shortlisted applicants will be invited to take part in CIMB's online assessment
- Stage 3 - shortlisted applicants will participate in CIMB ASEAN Scholarship Assessment Centre
- Stage 4 - shortlisted applicants will meet with a panel of interviewers
- Stage 5 - shortlisted applicants will undergo a final interview with CIMB Group's senior management team
Application Period :
26 May to 11 June 2023