National Higher Education Fund (PTPTN)
National Higher Education Fund: Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN)
Loan eligibility requirements
To receive this loan, students must:
- Be a Malaysian citizen, pursuing full time undergraduate programme in UNM.
- Not receiving any financial assistance from other bodies.
- Subjected to the ‘mean test’ – evaluation of family financial status.
- Payments will be made directly to student's personal AFFIN BANK account.
- Payments are made once per academic year (upon confirmation of passing mark 40% and above)*
- The first payment is released only after PTPTN receives the completed set of agreement.
- There will be insurance deduction for every disbursement of loan.
PTPTN Loan Amount (for Undergraduate Programmes only)
*MPharm and PHS
| Type of Programmes||Income Category|
|Pharmacy, Dentistry and Health Science Programmes*
B40 = parents listed to receive Bantuan Sara Hidup (BSH) and income below RM4,000 per month
M40 = parents' income between RM4,001 to RM8,000 per month
T20 = parents' income more than RM8,000 per month
- Subject to loan amount and course pursued.
- Repayments will commence 12 months after completion of studies or after securing a job, whichever is earlier.
Online Application: How To Apply (* Compulsory)
- Open a personal saving’s account at * Affin Bank.
- Open *Skim Simpanan Pendidikan Nasional (SSPN) account (minimum saving of RM 20) at PTPTN website.
- Buy pin no at * Bank Simpanan Nasional (BSN) or PTPTN website.
- Log into www.ptptn.gov.my and apply online.
Briefing sessions will be arranged, kindly contact us for more information.
Documents To Prepare
- Print out of ‘Butiran Peribadi’ from PTPTN website.
- Copy of undergraduate programme offer letter.
- 2 Setem Hasil.
The above documents need to be prepared after the loan approval is obtained.
University and course codes
The University's Code – BJ7
Faculty of Arts & Social Science course code
|Course name|| Code|
|BSc (Hons) Business, Economics & Finance
|BSc (Hons) Finance, Accounting & Management
|BSc (Hons) Business, Economics & Management
|BSc (Hons) International Business Management
|BSc (Hons) Management
|BSc (Hons) Applied Psychology and Management
|BA (Hons) International Communication Studies
|BA (Hons) International Communication Studies with English Language Literature
|BA (Hons) International Communication Studies with Film and Television Studies
|BA (Hons) International Communication Studies with Performing Arts
|BA (Hons) in Liberal Arts
|BA (Hons) International Relations
|BA (Hons) International with Japanese
|BA (Hons) International with French
|BA (Hons) International Relations with Spanish
|BA (Hons) International Relations with Mandarin
|BA (Hons) International Relations with German
|BA (Hons) International Relations with Korean
|BA (Hons) English with Creative Writing
|BSc (Hons) Economics
|BSc (Hons) Economics with International Economics
|BA (Hons) Education (TESOL)
|BEd (Hons) TESOL
|BA (Hons) with Joint Honours Politics and Economics
|BA (Hons) in International Development
|BA (Hons) in Asian and International Studies
|BSc (Hons) in Banking and Finance
|BSc (Hons) in Banking and Finance with Islamic Banking
|BA (Hons) in English Language and Literature
Faculty of Engineering course codes
|Course name|| Code|
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Chemical Engineering
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Chemical Engineering with Environmental Engineering
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Civil Engineering
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Mechanical Engineering
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Mechatronic Engineering
|BEng(Hons)/MEng(Hons) Electrical & Electronic Engineering
|BSc (Hons) Mathematics and Management
Faculty of Science course codes
|Course name ||Code|
|BSc (Hons) Computer Science
|BSc (Hons) Biotechnology
|BSc (Hons) Nutrition
|BSc (Hons) Pharmaceutical & Health Sciences
|MPharm (Hons) Master of Pharmacy *only applicable in Malaysia Campus
|BSc (Hons) Psychology
|BSc (Hons) Psychology and Cognitive Neuroscience
|Bsc (Hons) Biomedical Science
|BSc (Hons) Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence *only applicable in Malaysia campus
|BSc (Hons) Software Engineering
|BSc (Hons) Enviromental Science
Application Deadline for 2020/2021
30 Sept 2020 & 31 Oct 2020
All applications are subject to PTPTN policy and procedures at the time.