Sports and Arts Scholarship
The University of Nottingham Malaysia has introduced the Sports/Arts Scholarship to acknowledge students’ excellence in Sports/Arts.
There are two available scholarships:
- Competitive awards that reward amateur athletes who have played/competed at least at national level
- two awards per year and will be for the whole duration of their registered programme as long as the requirements of the scholarship are met and maintained
- Competitive awards that reward students who have played/performed in a form of art or artistic talent at least at national level
- two awards per year and will be for the whole duration of their registered programme as long as the requirements of the scholarship are met and maintained.
These scholarships reduce the tuition fee by 50%.
The waiver will be applicable for the full duration of their undergraduate courses at UNM . All current students are eligible to apply for these scholarships, however, it will not be backdated.
*Not applicable to Master of Pharmacy (MPharm)
Applicants must have:
- Obtained an unconditional Offer Letter from UNM (including current Foundation students who will be progressing to Undergraduate studies)
- Complete the Application Form
- Submit a statement detailing their achievements
- Evidence of their Sports/Arts achievements
- Evidence of family financial background
Requirements of the Scholarships
- Be a Sports/Arts Ambassador by promoting Sports/Arts on Campus.
- When requested, represent the University at appropriate inter-university/inter-campus competitions.
- To achieve an academic yearly average of 55%.
- Allow the use of appropriate photographs and written material in the University’s publicity activities.
- Maintain at least a national level performance.
- Provide a yearly report detailing not only their Sports/Arts achievements, but also the ambassadorial activities/duties undertaken.
- Not any holder of any other University scholarships or external sponsorships
When making the selection, the Committee will take into account, not only the achievements but also the commitment of the applicant in promoting their area of involvement to the wider community. The decision of the Committee is final.
Download the application form here and submit your application to the Sponsorship Unit.
Deadline : 15 August 2023