NUBS Malaysia International Conference (NUBS iCON) 2020
Conference on Emerging Issues for Business and Economics in the 21st Century
With a Special Session/Track in collaboration with the Asia Pacific Journal of Management (APJM), and
With opportunities to publish in the International Journal of the Economics of Business (IJEB) and the Asia-Pacific Journal of Business Administration (APJBA)
Dates: 9-10 January 2020
Venue: University of Nottingham Teaching Centre, Level 2, Chulan Tower, No. 3 Jalan Conlay, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
The conference is now open for registration. Please see 'Registration form and fees' below.
Nottingham University Business School (NUBS), University of Nottingham Malaysia is pleased to announce that it is organising an international conference (NUBS iCON 2020) on emerging issues for Business and Economics in the 21st century. The managing of businesses and economies today is more dynamic than ever due to many factors, be they the adoption of UN-Sustainable Development Goals (UN-SDGs), the increasing application of new technologies in business (Fourth Industrial revolution and Digital Technologies), or macroeconomic issues that affect the performance of business organisations. Given this, NUBS iCON 2020 invites scholars to present their research work related to business and economics in the Asia Pacific region.
We are pleased to announce the following journal collaboration and publication opportunities for NUBS iCON 2020. Submission instructions can be found under ‘Submission details’ below.
* The APJM is published by Springer and indexed in Scopus. It is rated in the Australian Business Deans Council (ABDC) Journal Quality List in Tier A and also listed in the Chartered Association of Business Schools (ABS) Academic Journal Guide as Tier 3
** The IJEB is published by Taylor & Francis and indexed in Scopus and rated ABDC-B and ABS-2
*** The APJBA is published by Emerald and indexed in Scopus and rated ABDC-C
Call for papers
We invite extended abstracts or full papers on Management, Accounting, and Finance related topics or issues that are affecting the success of business organisations – be they large / multinational organisations, small and medium enterprises (SMEs) or entrepreneurial startups. Other relevant issues include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Sustainability issues for business and policy
- This may include sustainability accounting / reporting, emerging or responsible business (circular) models / strategies, green marketing and sustainable consumption, ‘green finance’, supply chains and operations management for sustainability (addressing UN-SDGs), and other related issues.
- Digitization / Automation impact on Management Practices and Professions
- This may include the effects or impact of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, Artificial Intelligence, Internet Technologies, Digital Innovations etc. on different functional areas of Marketing, Managing Human Resources and Operations, Organizational Behaviour, Finance (including models of Fintech etc.) and Accounting, Innovative International Business Strategies in a digitized world, and other related issues.
- Macroeconomic Management and Development Economics in a globalized world
- This may include research in areas such as Foreign Direct Investment (FDI), International Trade, Poverty and Inequality, Monetary Policy, Exchange Rates, One Belt One Road / Belt and Road Initiative, and other related issues.
Special Session/Track in collaboration with the Asia Pacific Journal of Management (APJM)
We invite full papers under the general theme of research addressing the question – ‘What Determines Firm Success?’, mainly in the following research areas with a focus on relevance in the Asian context:
- Strategic management
- International business
- Organizational behavior
- Human resource management.
Full Papers submitted to the Special Session/Track will be eligible for publication in APJM subject to the journal’s reviewing procedures.
Papers to be considered for publication in IJEB and APJBA
IJEB and APJBA will consider selected papers from the conference with a clear focus on the respective Journals’ aims and scope, for submission to the respective Journals subject to their respective reviewing processes.
Extended abstracts/full papers for presentation at regular conference tracks:
|Extended abstract / full paper submission deadline
||Extended to 15 November 2019
||25 November 2019
||30 October 2019
|Early Bird registration deadline
||15 November 2019
||10 December 2019
Full paper submissions for the APJM Special Session/Track:
|Full paper submission deadline
||Extended to 15 November 2019
||25 November 2019
||30 October 2019
||10 December 2019
Registration form and fees
Register for the conference here
- Note: For group registrations of 3 or more from an organisation that are entitled to a special rate (see 'Fees' below), please do not use this registration link, please email email@example.com directly instead.
- Early Bird (by 15 November 2019): RM800 / USD200
- Full registration fee: RM1,000 / USD250
- Special rate for presenting authors with paper accepted to the APJM Special Session/Track: RM800 / USD200
- Special rates for
- Groups of 3 or more from an organisation: RM700/USD175 per person
- Research students: RM500/USD125
Submissions to regular conference tracks:
- Extended abstracts and full papers must be original and have not been published or submitted / considered for publication elsewhere.
- Word limit
- Extended abstracts: Around 1,000 words (+/- 10%)
- Full papers: Between 8,000-10,000 words
- Extended abstracts should be organized around the following subsections: (i) introduction with central concerns or aims; (ii) methodology/approach adopted for the study; (iii) main findings; (iv) implications for theory and practice; (v) originality/value; (vi) five keywords.
- All extended abstracts / full papers should be submitted via email to the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org, in PDF or Microsoft Word format.
Submissions to the APJM Special Session/Track:
- Submissions must be in the form of full papers, in the format specified in the APJM Instructions for Authors.
- Full papers should be submitted via email to the Conference Secretariat at email@example.com, in PDF or Microsoft Word format. Please state clearly in your email that your paper is intended to be submitted for the APJM Special Session/Track.
- Please note that submissions to the APJM Special Session/Track will not be eligible for consideration by IJEB or APJBA.
Submissions for consideration by IJEB:
- Submissions must be in the form of full papers, in the format specified in the IJEB Instructions for Authors.
- Full papers should be submitted via email to the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org, in PDF or Microsoft Word format. Please state clearly in your email that your paper is intended to be submitted for consideration by IJEB.
- Please note that submissions to the IJEB will not be eligible for the APJM Special Session/Track or for consideration by APJBA.
Submissions for consideration by APJBA:
- Submissions must be in the form of full papers, in the format specified in the APJBA Author Guidelines.
- Full papers should be submitted via email to the Conference Secretariat at email@example.com, in PDF or Microsoft Word format. Please state clearly in your email that your paper is intended to be submitted for consideration by APJBA.
- Please note that submissions to the APJBA will not be eligible for the APJM Special Session/Track or for consideration by IJEB.
Datuk Dr Mohd Yusoff Sulaiman
President and Chief Executive Officer, Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT)
Topic: Innovation, Sustainability and Industry 4.0: A Public-Private Perspective
Datuk Dr. Mohd Yusoff Sulaiman has been appointed as the President & Chief Executive Officer of the Malaysian Industry-Government Group for High Technology (MIGHT) since 2008. MIGHT is a partnership organisation under the purview of the Prime Minister’s Department. It focusses on the exploration of new and strategic technologies for business optimisation by utilising foresight and futures thinking methodology which is very vital in preparing Malaysia in facing the 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR).
He specialises in Technology Management and holds a PhD from Universiti Teknikal Melaka Malaysia (UTeM) and MSc from the University of Wales, United Kingdom. He is a member of the Governing Board of the Malaysian Foresight Institute (myForesight), Malaysia-France University Centre (MFUC) and the Regional Centre for Science and Technology Business Incubator (IRIS) appointed by UNESCO. He is also appointed Fellow of the ASEAN Academy of Engineering & Technology (AAET) and the Academy of Sciences Malaysia (ASM). Since 2014, he has been the Lead Representative for Malaysia in the Working Group on Innovation and Technology Policy (TIP) of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
Prior to joining MIGHT, he was the Special Officer to the Minister of Entrepreneur Development where he provided strategic advice in mobility and transportation for the country. Datuk Dr Yusoff also sits as Director to the Board of Kulim Technology Park Corporation Sdn Bhd (KTPC), Aerospace Malaysia Innovation Centre (AMIC), and Melaka Green Tech Corporation (MGTC).
Please email any enquiries to the Conference Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
About Nottingham University Business School Malaysia
Nottingham University Business School (NUBS) Malaysia has had more than a decade's experience in providing international quality teaching and scholarship in various areas of business, management and finance, and is part of an elite global group of business schools accredited by the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association of MBAs (AMBA). With campuses in the UK, China and Malaysia, Nottingham University Business School aims to enhance business and management knowledge and practices in a responsible and sustainable way through its global presence. Find out more about NUBS Malaysia at www.nottingham.edu.my/business