The Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) provides quality ratings for research across all disciplines. Find out detailed information on the performance of the School of Economics in the latest RAE (RAE2008).
Visit the RAE website for more information
Teaching Quality Assessment
The School of Economics was awarded a maximum score of 24 out of 24 in the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) audit of teaching at Nottingham, held in February 2001. The QAA Subject Review report includes an extensive series of commendations on the School's teaching. Among the positive features of teaching and learning in Economics at Nottingham, the team of assessors were particularly impressed by:
- the very high quality of teaching
- the high quality and analytical rigour of taught modules
- the excellent progression and achievement of students
- the friendliness and approachability of staff, and the excellent staff-student relationships
- the high quality of learning resources
Nottingham School of Economics was placed eighth in the Times Good University Guide 2009 to Economics departments in the United Kingdom. Universities are ranked by a total score, combining results for research quality, entry standards and proportion of graduates in graduate jobs or further study.
Times Good University Guide 2009
||Economics: The Times top ten
Download the full league table for Economics