Communicate with similar, dedicated video conference systems in real time.
About video conferencing
Video conferencing suites can be used to host meetings across campuses, for worldwide interviewing, multi-site group work and distance learning.
Before booking a video conferencing call, please consider the following:
Type of call:
- Two-way i.e. one location to one location
- Multi-site i.e. one location to numerous locations. Not all suites are capable of multi-site connections so check which type of call you need before booking
- The IP address of the other unit(s)
Booking a call
Steps for booking a video conferencing call:
- Select a room with an available video conference unit
- Contact the person in charge to book the room
IT Services can provide technical support throughout a video conferencing call, if required. To arrange for support or a system demonstration, please contact the IT Service Desk.
Skype for Business
If a video conferencing suite is not required or unavailable, we strongly recommend all University staff and students use Skype for Business.