Like the majority of academic libraries, we charge fines for items which are returned late.
If your fines build up to RM20 or more, your library account will be blocked. You will not be able to borrow, renew, or reserve items until the fine is paid
How much is the fine for late return?
The current fine rates for late return of items are as follows:
Ordinary loans/ Audio-visual loans/ Interlibrary loans
RM1 per day or part of an hour
Short-loan restricted bookable
RM2 per hour or part of an hour
RM5 per hour or part of an hour
Laptops, power and VGA adapters, plasma smart-board and LCD TV devices
RM10 per hour or part of an hour
How to pay my library fines?
There are two ways you can pay for your fines:
- a) at The Library's Customer Services Counter (cash only); or
- b) make an online payment
To pay online, please go to https://epay.nottingham.edu.my/:
- For 'Fees Name', select 'Library Fees'.
- Type in your personal details.
- For 'Payment Description', type 'Library Fines', and click ‘Submit’.
- Proceed with your preferred online payment method.
- Once the payment process is completed, please provide us with details of your payment by emailing the acknowledgement receipt to email@example.com.