Sports and Arts Scholarship
The University of Nottingham Malaysia has introduced the Sports/Arts Scholarship to acknowledge students’ excellence in Sports/Arts.
There are two available Scholarships:
- Competitive awards that reward amateur athletes who have played/competed either at national or international level
- 1 Award per year and will be for the whole duration of their registered programme as long as the requirements of the scholarship is met and maintained
- Competitive awards that reward students who have played/performed in a form of art or artistic talent either at national or international level
- One award per year and will be for the whole duration of their registered programme as long as the requirements of the scholarship is met and maintained.
These scholarships mean that, subject to conditions, successful applicants will be awarded based on two types:
The National Scholarship
- Will be awarded to students who have a proven record of competing in national level competitions. The scholarship takes the form of a 50% reduction in tuition fees
The International Scholarship
- Will be awarded to students who have a proven record of representing their country. The scholarship takes the form of a 75% reduction in tuition fees.
The waiver will be applicable for the full duration of their undergraduate course at UNMC . All current students are eligible to apply for these scholarships. However, the scholarships may not be backdated.
*Not applicable to BSc Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence and Master of Pharmacy (MPharm)
Applicants must have:
- Obtained an unconditional Offer Letter from UNMC (including current Foundation students who will be progressing to Undergraduate studies)
- Complete the Application Form
- Submit a statement detailing their achievements
- Evidence of their Sports/Arts achievements
- Evidence of family financial background
Requirements of the Scholarships
- Be a Sports/Arts Ambassador by promoting Sports/Arts on Campus
- When requested, represent the University at appropriate inter-university/inter-campus competitions.
- For students in a taught course, to achieve an academic yearly average of 55%. For students studying in a research degree, should successfully progress to the next year of their programme within the allotted time.
- Allow the use of appropriate photographs and written material in the University’s publicity activities.
- Maintain at least a national level performance.
- Provide a yearly report detailing not only their Sports/Arts achievements, but also the ambassadorial activities/duties undertaken.
- Outstanding balance of fees must not be in arrears.
- Not any holder of any other University Scholarship
When making the selection, the committee will take into account, not only the achievement but also the commitment of the applicant in promoting their area of involvement to the wider community. The decision of the committee is final.
Download the application form here and submit your application to the Sponsorship Unit.
Deadline : 15 August 2018