Induction for New Students
Welcome to the Careers Advisory Service (CAS), University of Nottingham Malaysia!
CAS offers various support and services to support the students throughout their career development journey and guide them in identifying their strengths and interests, exploring suitable jobs and industries, and making decisions for their future career path.
From the beginning, we would advise the students to begin thinking about their career pathways starting from the first year itself. CAS uses a systematic Career Development Roadmap to help students acquire self-awareness, explore career path and get ready for the future world of work.
Our team of experienced careers advisers provides a comprehensive range of support and services that are geared towards empowering students, their careers and employability in following ways:
- Resume Review and Career Consultation - Our careers advisers provide one-to-one and virtual resume review, and career advice session to all UNM foundation students, undergraduates, postgraduates and alumni. This service requires a booked appointment lasting no more than 15 to 30 minutes.
- Careers Events and Employability Workshops - CAS ensures that the students have access to careers and networking opportunities with employers, gain insights from industry experts, and sharpen their employability skills by conducting a series of initiatives on-campus and virtually such as careers fair, pre-careers fair series, "Discovering Careers" sector-focused careers day, "Elevate Your Potential" recruitment talks, international students career series, alumni sharing - career journey, careers talks, on-campus/ virtual interviews, Nottingham Advantage Award (NAA) careers modules, and field trips. Kindly check regularly on the events calendar on our SharePoint and click here for the latest calendar.
- Get Ready Get Hired (GRGH) Certificate Programme - It is a structured programme, which aims to increase your self-awareness, train your job-hunting skills and enhance your employability from your involvement in these activities. You are required to complete these 3 stages in order to qualify for the Certificate of Completion. There is no sign-up deadline and you have until the 15th of April of your graduating year to complete the programme and receive the Certificate. Visit Moodle to register and more information about the programme.
- Careers Mentoring Programme - This programme allows you to realise your potential with the guidance and support from the experienced employers and alumni. Upon the completion of this programme, you will be rewarded with Certificate of Participation. The registration of this programme will be open bi-annually, which the students will be informed via email blast.
- Careers Resources and Online Tools - Students are welcomed to use our online resources on SharePoint, blog and website; and hardcopy resources at Careers Resource Room (HB14). CAS provides guidance such as Careers Quick Tips and What Do Graduates Do, which are also downloadable on SharePoint for your career planning and job preparation. In addition, CAS provides insights on career planning through the sharing of alumni career journey on CAS blog. For our online tools, please visit here.
- Careers Opportunities and Updates - CAS proactively disseminates and updates careers opportunities through offline and online channels. There are a total of 10 bulletin boards located at the Students' Association building, FASS, FOSE and other locations within UNM with easy and regular access by students. Virtually, careers advisers blast out careers opportunities via e-job bulletin, e-internship bulletin, email blast, CAS Facebook page and CAS LinkedIn.
To stay updated with us, please follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn. For any appointment and inquiries, kindly reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org.