Planning your postgraduate career development may be a little different from undergraduates. Whether you are just starting out, have limited experience or are experienced professionals looking to join the workforce, the Careers Advisory Service (CAS) is here to support our taught and research postgraduates in developing and managing your career.
We offer advisory and services tailored to your postgraduate career needs. Our activities, workshops and sessions help you to discover more about your pathway and offer industry insights for your career of choice. We could also work with you during virtual one-on-one sessions to identify your career objectives so that you are well-prepared to develop a career plan, acquire the right skills and manage career changes ahead.
‘Get Ready Get Hired’ Certificate Programme
- This structured programme aims to help postgraduates increase your self-awareness, build up your job-hunting skills and enhance your employability. Besides that, postgraduates who wish to familiarise themselves with the job market may participate in this structured programme to deepen your understanding about yourself and explore career options suitable for you. Enrol here.
Career Talks and Workshops
- Discover more careers and sectors which welcome both taught and research postgraduates through our range of career talks and workshops available all year round. In addition to career workshops, there are also employer presentations, virtual career fairs and career skills sessions. Leverage on these sessions to network with employers, gain better insights into different industries and get contact information for specialist roles.
Postgraduate Careers Series
- Each autumn and spring semester, CAS runs career talks specifically aimed at both taught and research postgraduates. Check in with your inbox regularly for the latest talk and access video recordings of past talks in CAS Microsoft Stream.
- The Resume Competition invites UNM undergraduate and postgraduate students to participate and commence early career preparation such as effective resume writing.
Career Advice and Resume Review
Digital Resources and Online Courses
- UNM PhD Careers Moodle page
Browse online resources such articles, links and documents to help postgraduates. Think about where your PhD qualification might take you. Visit here.
- UNM MBA Careers Moodle page
MBA students can access a whole range of information about careers and online subscriptions. Visit here.
- ‘On Course for Your Masters’ NOOC
This online course supports all taught postgraduate students for their employment preparation or research. Follow the course at your own pace and at a time that suits you.
- Thinking Ahead – Exploring Career Options
Complete this flexible online Moodle course targeted for Research Postgraduates to be informed and prepare yourself for your future career.
- UNM Careers Advisory Service SharePoint
Career resources and information in the SharePoint is applicable to all, but the PhD career folder contains careers resources appropriate for postgraduates in exploring career options in academic and corporate, CV writing, networking and interviews.
- Find and keep yourself informed about the latest job opportunities offered by employers of choice! Surf over to our CAS Facebook or Linkedin page to browse through the opportunities.
News and updates