A Study Abroad student will be required to pay the tuition fee to cover the cost of tuition as published on University Tuition Fees. UNMC offers tuition fee reduction for Study Abroad students based on country of origin
- Applicants from Developed Nation are eligible for a 10% tuition fee reduction
- Applicants from Developing Countries or others are eligible for a 25% tuition fee reduction
Important information before you apply
Due to the new Ministry of Higher Education and Malaysian Immigration recent ruling, all International students planning to study in Malaysia MUST apply for the approval to study in Malaysia BEFORE entering Malaysia. Failure to obtain this approval letter on time will lead to International students not allowed to enter Malaysia and register with the University.
The University will not be liable for any action taken by the Malaysian Immigration Authorities if you do not adhere to this new ruling.
The University charges an application fee of RM200 for international students applying for all courses (foundation, undergraduate and postgraduate/research). This fee applies to online and paper applications.
All international applicants must complete and attach the application fee form (pdf) as well as proof of payment. This also applies to both paper and online applications.
Ways to pay:
How to apply for Study Abroad
You should contact the Study Abroad Office at your Home University and Faculty Office to get an approval for study abroad. Once you get the approval please proceed with the application.
Complete and send us the following forms:
Also attach the following supporting documents:
- Latest Official Academic Transcripts certified by home University
- Proof of English language competency
- Copy of your passport (biometric page only)
- Proof of payment for your application fee
- Nomination Letter from Home University
Where to send your application
After you have completed your application form(s) please return it by email
Application deadline :
20 July 2018 for Autumn 2018 / Full Year 2018/2019
6 October 2018 for Spring 2019.
Visa Application deadline :
3 August 2018 for Autumn 2018 or Full Year 2018/2019
6 November 2018 for Spring 2019.
When nominating students, partners must submit an official transcript and English language qualification where applicable.
All International Study Abroad applicants must be current students at an overseas university or college of higher education and have completed at least one year of study at their home university. The minimum academic requirement is a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent).
English language requirements
All students are required to meet the University’s minimum English language requirements by taking either an IELTS, TOEFL IBT or Pearson Academic PTE test (see our Faculty English language requirements page for more information) unless they are a native of an English-speaking country. Some universities in non-English-speaking countries teach and examine in the medium of English language and in certain cases there may be a possibility to waive the requirement to take an English test.
Please specify which modules you would like to study whilst you are at UNMC. For more information please refer to our course listing.
Students should also:
- ensure that you select modules of a suitable level. If there is a particular module that you are required to take in order for you to graduate from your home university, please indicate this with an asterisk (*). If this module has pre-requisites, students should provide evidence that they meet these pre-requisites.
- be aware that the normal credit load for one semester is 60 credits. All students must take a minimum of 60 credits per semester.
- be advised to select more than the required credit load when applying in case your first choice is unavailable. Students are encouraged to discuss suitable modules with their home university prior to arrival at UNMC and to be flexible in their selection.
For language modules please specify the language level (e.g. Spanish 2a)
Visas and immigration
All international students studying abroad in Malaysia will be required to obtain the proper documentation including, a student pass and visa, medical check-up and health insurance. For more detailed information on steps/payments, please visit our offer holders section.
Health and insurance
In compliance with the Malaysian Ministry of Education, all full time international students who are planning to study at any higher education institution in Malaysia are required to undergo a health examination without exception.
All international students are also required to obtain medical and health insurance throughout their period of study in Malaysia.
The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus has arranged for a Group Hospital and Surgical Insurance Plan to deal with any health emergencies that might arise during your period of study.