The International Exchange Programme is designed for undergraduate students from our selected partner universities, including members of the selected Universitas 21 network, who wish to spend a period of time studying in Malaysia, earning credits to transfer back to their home university.
Modules are available across most disciplines and are part of the regular undergraduate curriculum, enabling international exchange students to study alongside Malaysia Campus home students.
International Exchange students from partner Universities are exempted from paying tuition fee to the University of Nottingham Malaysia.
How to apply
Please check with your home university to confirm if there is a current International Exchange agreement in place between your home university and the University of Nottingham Malaysia.
Students must be formally nominated by their home university via email.
Your home university is then responsible for sending the supporting documents to complete your application.
Kindly contact the Study Abroad Office at your university for further information.
Nomination from home University:
1 April for Autumn/Full year
1 September for Spring.
1 May for Autumn or full year intake
1 October for Spring intake
Visa application deadline:
1 May for Autumn or for full year
1 October for Spring
All International Exchange applicants must be a current student at a university or college of higher education from aborad and has completed one year of study at their home university. The minimum academic requirement is a GPA of at least 3.0 (or equivalent).
Choose your UNM modules. For more information please refer to our course listing.
Students should ensure that:
- the selected modules are of a suitable level. If there is a particular module that you are required to take in order for you to graduate from your home university, please indicate this with an asterisk (*). If this module has pre-requisites, students should provide evidence that they have met these pre-requisites.
- be aware that the normal credit load for one semester is 60 credits and for one year is 120 credits. All students must adhere to 60 credits per semester.
- select additional 2 or 3 modules load, if in case your first choice is unavailable. Discuss your suitable modules with your mobility tutor from your home university and be flexible in your selection.
- Majority of the modules should be taken related to your programme and according to your year of study (exp; Year 2 student should opt for Year 2 modules)
- For language modules please specify the language level (e.g. Spanish 2a)
Visas and immigration
All international mobility students studying in Malaysia will be required to obtain a Student Mobility Pass. For more detailed information please visit our offer holders section.
Health and insurance
In compliance with the Malaysian Ministry of Education, it is compulsory for all international students to have a medical insurance coverage throughout their period of study in Malaysia.
The University of Nottingham Malaysia has arranged for a Group Hospital and Surgical Insurance Programme to deal with any health emergencies that might arise during your period of study.
Cost of Living
The estimated monthly expenses for an International Student living in Malaysia is from RM1,500 to 2,000. This includes:
- local transportation
Cost may vary depending on individual lifestyle. For more information about costs including banking in Malaysia please visit our finance section