The School of Education provides an exciting and rewarding learning experience with a global view. We are committed to providing a quality education to students from around the world. As one of the leading centres for research in education we have contributed to the improvement of social justice and equality in education.
Research in education
The School of Education at Nottingham is a leading centre for research in education, with a broad commitment to improving and investigating social justice and equality in education. In the latest Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) we were ranked sixth out of 82 education departments in the UK.
We aspire to the very highest levels of research performance and are systematically building on our existing strengths to further increase the impact, capacity and productivity of our research.
Areas of research
We have developed three major research agendas that build not only on the strengths of key researchers, but also the research activities of the academic staff as a whole. These overlapping research agendas cover research for and about:
- knowledge society
- changing education profession
- global and local educational cultures and contexts
Working within this, interests amongst our academic
- interdisciplinary research
- international and comparative education and development
- special needs and counselling
- teacher education and teacher development
- language and literacy education
- educational leadership and management