Before you apply
The University charges an application fee for all of its courses. This applies to both paper and online applications.
RM100 - Malaysian applicants
RM200 - International applicants
Visa deposit fee
RM2000 - International applicants
Deferment / Change of course
RM50 - Malaysian applicants
RM100 - International applicants
A deferment of entry is only valid for one academic cycle (eg. Sept 2017 deferred to Sept 2018). A deferment, which is not undertaken within the stipulated period will lapse and if students would like to enrol into a different academic year outside of the period of their deferment will have to submit a new application to the University.
Methods of Payment
- Pay application fee online through MyNottingham (preferred)
- Bank transfers (telegraphic transfers) or direct bank-in to the following banks:
Affin Bank Berhad
Payee Name: The University of Nottingham in Malaysia Sdn Bhd
Bank account number: 100260005567
Bank Address: LTAT Branch, bangunan LTAT, Jalan Bukit Bintang, 55100 Kuala Lumpur
Swift Code: PHBMMYKL
CIMB Bank Berhad
Payee Name: The University of Nottingham in Malaysia Sdn Bhd
Bank account number: 8008306319
Bank Address: No.17 Jalan Jelok 6, Metro Point, 43000, Kajang, Selangor
Swift code: CIBBMYKL
- Credit/Local Debit Card (on campus or through MyNottingham)
It is extremely important for you to email the proof of payment to the Finance Office (copying the Admissions Office) if the payment is not done through MyNottingham. Your application will not be processed until the University has received and acknowledge the payment.
University policy and minimum age requirements
An applicant should be at least 18 years of age on admission to the University. For the purpose of this regulation, the date of 'admission' is defined as the first day of the relevant registration.
Further information can be found in the University Policy.
Waiving age requirements
- This requirement may be waived on an individual basis, provided that your parents or legal guardians have given their written agreement in advanced to additional safeguards and requirements. These include acknowledging that the University will not act in "loco parentis" by completing the compulsory under 18 consent form.
- If you are at least 16 years old at the time of registration, on receipt of the signed Under 18 consent form, the Head of Admissions will act on behalf of Quality and Standards Committee to waive the minimum age requirement.
- If you are not yet 16 years old, upon receipt of the Under 18 consent form, the Head of Admissions will liaise with relevant schools and department for further consideration. You will be notified via email, once a decision has been taken.
- For international applicants who are 15 years of age, you will need to provide details of a guardian based in Malaysia. This guardian should (if possible), live in or near Kuala Lumpur or Semenyih, should be an adult who the University can contact in case of an emergency and can act in Loco Parentis.
- The University is unable to waive the minimum age requirement for applicants below 15 years of age.
- For international applicants, it is important to note that the acceptance to the University is not a gurantee that you will be able to obtain a visa to study in Malaysia. You will still need to meet the visa or other immigration conditions imposed by EMGS and Immigration Malaysia.
University procedures for under 18 applications
- On receival of the signed 'Under 18 Consent Form', the Head of Admissions will act on behalf of Quality and Standards Committee to waive the minimum age requirement. Once a decision has been taken, an offer will be sent to the successful applicants.
- One month before registration, the Admissions office will create a list of unconditional firm under 18 offer holders and circulate to relevant Head of Schools and the Accommodation office.
- The Accommodation office will inform wardens of the under 18 students who will be joining their hall of residence.
International and local applications
Have a look at our admission process before you submit your application to the University.
Checklist for online and offline applications
General required application documents
- application fee payment slip/proof of payment
- proof of English language competency (if any)
- copy of National Residence Identification Card (NRIC), for Malaysians or identification page of passport (photo page only), for international applicatns.
- Malaysian permanent residence card (if applicable)
- under 18 consent form (applicants under the age of 18)
Additional documents for foundation and undergraduate applicants
- required relevant academic transcripts (IGCSE/GCSE+AS / O Levels / SPM / SAT / STPM / UEC/ IB Diploma / SAM)
- forecast of results (if official results are not available yet)
- certificate or letter of completion (if examinations have been completed)
- other relevant higher qualifications (eg. Diploma)
Additional documents required for undergraduate applicants (direct entry into the second year)
- course syllabus for the modules studied in the previous institution
Additional documents for postgraduate taught, research and MBA applicants
- undergraduate academic transcripts
- graduation certificate or letter of completion
- other relevant higher qualifications (eg. Master's Degree)
- a copy of academic transcript with marks to-date and a list of pending modules (if degree has yet to be completed)
- one academic reference (for postgraduate taught applicants)
- two satisfactory references/recommendation letters (for MBA and postgraduate research)
Additional documents required for MBA applicants
- Curriculum vitae (CV)/resume
Additional documents required for postgraduate research applicants
Alternatively, you can download paper applications that must be sent by post to the Admissions Office. Please note that submission of paper applications through email will not be accepted.
Where to send your paper application
After you have completed your application form(s) please return it by post at:
The Admissions Office
The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
t: +6 03 8924 8000
f: +6 03 8924 8002
Reviewing your application
Our Admissions Committee will consider your application and a decision will be made within two working weeks from receiving your complete application documents together with the payment of application fees.
Please be informed that research applications can take up to three months to process and courses which need an interview such as MBA and MPharm may take longer.
Throughout the application process, you will be able to log onto MyNottingham to check the progress of your application.
You will also receive any updates through email or MyNottingham if you are required to submit additional documents to support your application.
It is important to take note of any deadlines and submit your applications before the published deadlines for all courses. Please check when to apply page for details.
Applications will automatically be deferred to the next available intake if submitted after the stipulated deadline.
All applications must be submitted before the published application deadlines.Please check when to apply page for the details.
All International students planning to study in Malaysia MUST apply for the Visa approval to study in Malaysia BEFORE entering Malaysia.
Failure to obtain this approval letter on time will result in International students not being allowed to enter Malaysia and to register with the Univeristy. The University will not be liable for any action taken by the Malaysian immigration authorities if you do not adhere to this regulation.
Have any enquiries? Contact us: