Receiving your approval
Upon receiving your Visa Approval Letter (VAL) from the Immigration Department, UNM's Visa Office shall email a soft copy of your VAL to you or your agent.
Entry Visa or Single Entry Visa (SEV)
After receiving your VAL you should apply for a Single Entry Visa (SEV) at your nearest Malaysian Embassy/ High Commision/ Consulate Office before you travel to Malaysia. Please visit the Malaysian Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate Office for confirmation regarding applying for your SEV to Malaysia or apply for your eVISA online.
If you do not comply with the above SEV or Entry Visa requirements, the Malaysian Immigration authorities may not convert your Visit/ Social/ Tourist pass to a Student Pass (visa) although you have entered with a VAL.
You are at risk to be sent back to your home country to apply for your SEV and to reenter again.
These additional costs will be borne by the student concerned.
- Nationals from most Commonwealth countries do not need to apply for a SEV. Please visit the Malaysian Embassy/Consulate Office for confirmation.
- All other Non-Malaysian nationals must apply for a Single Entry Visa.
- Nationals of the following countries must apply for a Single Entry Visa (SEV) before travelling to Malaysia - Bangladesh, India, Nigeria, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
- Nationals from the People's Republic of China are prohibited from entering Malaysia without a SEV. Please apply for a SEV from the Malaysian Embassy in Beijing, Guangzhou or Shanghai.
- Alternatively, please apply for your eVISA online.
- Any Entry Visa fee incurred will be borne by the student and may differ from one country to another.