Nottingham University Business School Malaysia (NUBS Malaysia) at the Malaysia Campus is an integral part of Nottingham University Business School established in the UK.The school aims to enhance business and management knowledge and practice in a responsible and sustainable way using our global presence. NUBS was established on the Malaysia Campus in 2000, and our presence here provides students with unique insights into Asian business growth and development.
The school recognises that the continued intellectual development of our staff is the foundation of excellence in teaching and for the creation of leaders who are able to compete with knowledge, creativity and integrity in a globally competitive environment.
Research and teaching at the Malaysia Campus is organised within the following academic divisions:
- Accounting, Finance and Law
- Business Economics and Quantitative Methods
- Leadership, Management and Marketing
Our research clusters at the Malaysia Campus were established to facilitate the exchange of ideas and to explore emerging research issues and areas, as well as to work effectively with industry counterparts and other research organisations. Besides enhancing research networking and collaboration, the clusters better integrate and highlight niche areas and strengths of expertise within the school.
There are presently five research clusters within NUBS at the Malaysia Campus:
- Accountability and Governance
- Consumer Marketing and Behavioural Science
- Innovation Policy and Management
- Studies in Innovation and Productivity
Research centres at the School bring together academicians across a range of disciplines who share an interest in understanding, analysing and developing perspectives and thought leadership in contemporary business issues.
- The Centre for Islamic Business and Finance Research (CIBFR), established in 2014, aims to facilitate multidisciplinary research focusing on areas related to Islamic finance, Halal business and Islamic business.
- Many members of the academic staff in NUBS Malaysia are also members of other research centres in the University of Nottingham that are affiliated with the School:
Executive Education programmes
Nottingham University Business School Malaysia’s Executive Education arm
aims to work with organisations to motivate, retain and develop their human capital in a changing economic environment. Through these working relationships, the School aspires to be industry-relevant with a sound understanding of the industry requirements of graduates today.