University of Nottingham Malaysia

Accommodation FAQs

Many of your queries may be found in the Q & A section below. 

If you can't find the information you are looking for, please don't hesitate to contact us via email or call
+603  8924 8604.

Is accommodation guaranteed?

The accommodation is guaranteed for all new students starting their foundation or first year undergraduate or postgraduate studies. However, we do not guarantee the availability of your preferred room-type. Your chances are greater the earlier you apply, accept and pay for your preferred room as we allocate rooms on a “First Come First Served with Payment” basis.

As a general guide, we will allocate rooms according to the following priority in descending order.

 - Below 18 years old

 - International students

 - East Malaysians

 - Malaysians from outside the Klang Valley

What happens when I cannot get my preferred Room Type?

In the event that you do not get your preferred Room Type, please accept what is been offered to prevent further delay. However, you still have the chance to change to your preferred Room Type by applying for Room Transfer after you have Checked-In to the room offered to you. Your Room Transfer Request will be processed according to room availability due to “No Show”. 

How and when do I apply for accommodation?

You can submit your application for a room, the moment you have submitted your application for a course. Progressing and continuing students are encourage to apply before the end of their semester or academic year.

You should apply for accommodation as early as possible to avoid disappointment.

Please just complete ONE application. You will receive an email shortly, confirming that your submission has been successful. If you do not hear from us within one week from the date submission, please get in touch with us.

What happens if I miss the application deadline?

All new applicants and returning students can apply anytime throughout the year to stay in the on-campus accommodation. There is no specific dateline to apply for on-campus accommodation.

The chances to get your preferred room type are greater the earlier you apply, accept and pay for your preferred room.

What is available for students with special needs?

If you have a disability or a specific medical requirements, please indicate this in your application and submit to us any relevant medical reports. We have special rooms which are wheel chair friendly and for visually challenged residents. 

When will I know what I have been offered?
Allocations are made based on the date of your application. It takes Accommodation Office about one week to process all the applications, so do not worry if you do not hear from us straight away. We will send you your room offer as soon as we can.
How do I pay for my accommodation fee?

There are several payment methods available for students to make accommodation payments.

Bank/Telegraphic Transfer – Please remember to submit to the University your transaction slip.

Bank Draft – Please issued to “The University of Nottingham in Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.”

Crossed Cheque – Make payable to “The University of Nottingham in Malaysia Sdn. Bhd.”

Credit/Debit Card – Only acceptable at Finance Counters at Block A or Block H, University of Nottingham Malaysia.

MyNottingham – Use the Payment Gateway after logging in with your Student ID.

Full details will be provided in the Tax Invoice when we issue your room offer.   

What is included in my accommodation fee?

Accommodation rental fee is inclusive of :

WIFI connection

Utilities – water and electricity

Housekeeping and maintenance services.

For rooms with air conditioning, there is a separate meter reading for air-conditioning usage on monthly basis and chargeable to student on a quarterly basis.

When can I move in to my accommodation?
This is be indicated in your offer letter. It is typically the weekend before the term starts. If you're unable to move in during the specified time-frame, please let us know to make alternative arrangements. 
What do I need to bring with me?

Upon checking in, you will receive a Welcome Pack consisting of the following: toothpaste, toothbrush, face towel, shampoo, foam bath, drinking water and some biscuits.

Your room is fully furnished and include the following: bed, mattress, study table and chair, wardrobe, book shelf, pedestal with drawers, bedside table, fan, curtains and mirror. Deluxe Single Ensuite Bathroom (DSEB) rooms will also have a mini refrigerator within the room.

Refrigerators are also available in the common pantry/kitchen (equipped with microwave oven and induction cooker). Hot and cold water dispensers are available at every floor of each hall. Irons and ironing boards are available upon request. 

You may consider bringing the following: drinking cup, plates, fork and spoon, thermos flask, crockery (if you wish to cook) and personal bedding items.

You may consider purchasing our Bedding Pack consisting of the following: pillow, pillow case, blanket, towel and bedsheet at RM95.40. 

Can I bring a car with me?
Students staying in the University managed on-campus accommodation will not be issued a vehicle parking permit and are therefore discouraged from driving your vehicle to the University.
Is it possible to stay in the Halls of Residence during break or holiday periods?

The following are the typical Period of Stay:

A) From 1st February to 31st August and students will pay their rental for this period over three (3) quarterly payments.

B) From 1st April year to 31st May year+1 and students will pay their rental for this period over five (5) quarterly payments.

C) From 1st July to 31st May and students will pay their rental for this period over four (4) quarterly payments.

D) From 1st September to 31st May and students will pay their rental for this period over three (3) quarterly payments.

This will entitle them to stay in their rooms during study breaks and holidays within the dates of the respective Period of Stay.

Students who wish to stay during the Summer Break (1st June – 31st August) may continue to stay provided they pay an additional quarterly rental payment. Such students must inform the Accommodation Office before 30th April.    

Do you have accommodation for families and couples?

Yes, we do provide Deluxe Studio Rooms for couples and small families. Each Deluxe Studio Room unit include: bedroom with queen size bed; lounge with sofa and dining table; pantry with refrigerator and microwave oven and ensuite bathroom with water heater. 

How far away is the accommodation from campus?

Since the accommodation halls are located within the campus, all academic and non-academic facilities are just a few minutes walk away.

Can I move out before the end of the agreed duration of stay?

There is no legal contract for the on-campus accommodation. You are allowed to check-out before the academic year ends. However, you will be required to inform the accommodation office at least 1 week prior to your check-out date and must settle all outstanding fees for your accommodation. 

Can I also check-in during odd hours (non-working hours), weekends and public holidays?

Yes, we will be prepared on your arrival date and time (including odd hours, weekends and public holidays) according to the information you have provided us in the On-Line Accommodation Application (OLAA) portal.

Upon arrival at the campus, kindly proceed to the foyer (1st Floor), Trent Building (Block A). Our accommodation staff will be waiting for you, otherwise, kindly inform the security personnel on duty who will contact our accommodation staff to attend to your arrival.  

How do I connect to the WIFI available within the campus?

If you have your Student ID and Email Username, you may connect to EDUROAM using the following steps:

•Step 1: Go to WI-FI setting on your device.

•Step 2: Select the WI-FI network “EDUROAM”

•Step 3: When prompted, enter your “” followed by your password.

•Step 4: Accept certificate if prompted.

             - Please make sure the DNS is set to auto

             - Android : Choose PEAP for EAP method, ignore the Anonymous identity. 

If I am a sponsored student, do I need to pay my accommodation rental?

You are advised to follow-up with the University's Sponsorship Office on payment arrangements for your accommodation.

Generally, you are advised to pay the accommodation rental to secure your offered room. The amount paid will be refunded to you once your sponsor has confirmed the arrangements for your accommodation. 

Do I need to pay full month rent if I check-in after the 16th of the calendar month? 

You are required to pay the amount as stated in your invoice. If you have checked-in after the 16th of the month, the first half of the month rental will be credited/offset in the next billing. 

Is the room allocation separated by gender?
Yes, genders are separated by floor. Female students will be assigned at the first and third floor, while male students will be assigned at the ground and second floor for each hall of residence.

Accommodation Office

The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
Jalan Broga, 43500 Semenyih
Selangor Darul Ehsan

telephone: +6 (03) 8924 8604
fax: +6 (03) 8924 8657